Understanding DXP's and How They Can Benefit You.
In this blog, we take a closer look at the features and benefits of Liferay, the Digital Experience Platform (DXP) we use for the development of the Captrics portal. We also see how we can utilise the DXP to provide our clients with complimentary solutions beyond our Contract Management & Invoice Validation software.
What Is A Digital Experience Platform?
A DXP is an emerging category of software that aims to solve the needs of companies undergoing digital transformation.
DXPs provide the architecture for companies to create, management, deliver and optimise connected digital experiences, and gather actionable insight. DXPs can be a single product, but are often a suite of products that work together.
The ultimate goal of a DXP is to provide better digital experiences.
Why Do We Use A DXP In The Development Of The Captrics Portal?
There are many great reasons why to use a DXP. but ultimately it comes down to one simple question; Why re-invent the wheel?
Liferay’s DXP provides all of the technological building blocks for us to deploy our market leading solutions in a customer focussed, flexible and secure portal, providing us with all the tools we need out of the box.
Utilising a DXP means that we can leverage the power of Liferay’s Content Management, User Management, Microservices Architecture and API’s to reduce the complexity of our IT and optimise our development time. We can then direct our resources into the areas where we can add most value – building our advanced software for managing and validating contracts.
What Features Does Liferay's DXP Offer?
Utilising a DXP not only frees up valuable time for the Captrics software development team, but it can also offer a wide range of additional features for us to utilise.
- Platform Services – Create and manage sites for different audiences. Each site gets its own pages, content management system and permissions.
- Integration and Interoperability – Integrate content and services from back-end or legacy applications. Liferay supports integration with SOAP, REST, RSS and proprietary APIs.
- Collaboration and Social – Create blogs, knowledge bases, Wiki sites, calendars, polls forums and message boards. Add social networking features such as an activity wall, friends list, @ mentions, activity trackers and social activity.
- Forms, Workflow and Business Process Automation – Create forms for everything from business process automation to replacing complex paper applications. Define any number of simple to complex business processes or workflows, leveraging users, groups and roles established in Liferay with a graphical interface.
- Content Management – Manage and create different content models and web content.
How Can We Use Liferay To Benefit Our Clients?
By harnessing the power of Liferay, we have the opportunity to collaborate with our clients to provide a wide-range of digital experience solutions.
This means we can go beyond the scope of our core service of Contract Management and Invoice Validation software to help businesses digitalise their operations and administration.
Here are some simple examples:
- Content Management – Organise your documentation and improve your data administration with a custom built infrastructure for all of your company content.
- Company Intranet – Create an internal internet site for keeping your team up to date with all of the latest news and changes in your business.
- Customer Portals – Provide your customers with a bespoke digital portal for accessing documentation, content, work flows, project reports or for uploading submissions such as meter readings or signature / authority to proceed.
- Employee Holiday Management – Create and manage an employee calendar and all the associated request forms to digitise your company employee holiday policies.
How Can We Help Your Business?
If you are interested in exploring how Captrics could help your business, please do get in touch.
We look forward to continuing our mission with you of delivering simple solutions to help organisations increase efficiency, reduce costs, lower risk and stay compliant.